Parmesan chicken with fennel arugula salad
2 SmartPoints® Per serving (1 chicken cutlet and ¾ cup salad)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon dried seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 (5 ounce) thin-sliced skinless boneless chicken cutlets
- Whisk together lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of oil, honey, and salt in large bowl. Place fennel on top, then add arugula; do not toss.
- Combine ¼ cup of Parmesan and bread crumbs in small bowl. Place chicken on sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle half of Parmesan mixture evenly over one side of chicken cutlets and press to adhere.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, coated side down. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan mixture on top of chicken. Cook, turning once, until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Toss together salad and dressing. Divide salad among 4 plates and top evenly with chicken. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan.