Take a walk
You can’t beat your own two feet! Walking is free, easy, and effective at helping you keep weight off. But wait, there’s more! Like any physical activity, regular brisk walking can help you: maintain a healthy weight and prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. It can strengthen your bones and muscles and also improve your mood. Getting outside boosts your mood, too. So, let’s get out there and take a walk.
A few pointers:
- Start at whatever pace and length of time you’re comfortable with, even if it’s walking down to the mailbox and back.
- Make it fun-listen to music or an audiobook, try a different route each day, and guess how many steps it’ll take to get to the next tree.
- Invest in comfortable shoes-supportive, cushioned, and roomy in the toe box. It’s worth it to be fitted properly in a sports footwear store.
- And while you’re at it, wear non-restrictive clothing that has some stretch it’s easier to move and it’ll put you in an “active” mindset.
- Walk with a friend- even a four-legged one