Veggie and black bean quesadillas
Serves 4 - Vegetarian
7 SmartPoints® Per serving (1 quesadilla, 2 tablespoons yogurt and 2 tablespoons salsa)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Place bell pepper, zucchini, and corn in medium microwaveable bowl. Cover with wax paper and microwave on High until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 1 1/2 minutes. Drain vegetables and stir in black beans, chili powder, salt, and cilantro.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over half of each tortilla. Spoon one-fourth of vegetable mixture evenly over cheese. Sprinkle vegetables evenly with remaining cheese. Fold unfilled half of each tortilla filling and press down lightly.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly spray quesadillas on both sides with nonstick spray. Cook two at a time, turning once, until crisp and heated through, about 4 minutes. Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve with yogurt and salsa.
If you’d like to spice up the quesadilla, add some chopped pickled jalapeños, a few teaspoons minced chipotles en adobo or a dash or two of hot sauce to the vegetables along with the chili powder in step 1.