Swordfish and Tomatoes with Basil Sauce
Serves 4 - Gluten Free, Vegetarian
2 SmartPoints® Per serving (1 swordfish steak, 2 plum tomato halves, 2 cherry tomatoes, and 1 tablespoon sauce)
Swordfish, Tomatoes, Basil Sauce, Swordfish and Tomatoes with Basil Sauce
- 4 Plum or other small tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup whole cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (5oz) swordfish steaks
- Spray broiler rack with nonstick spray; preheat broiler.
- Place all tomatoes on broiler rack and lightly spray with olive oil nonstick spray. Broil 5 inches from heat until tomatoes are softened about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, combine basil, broth, Parmesan, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in blender or food processor, and pulse until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Heat remain 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add fish to skillet and cook, turning once, until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 8 minutes.
- Divide swordfish and tomatoes evenly among 4 plates and drizzle evenly with sauce.