What does it mean to eat better?
It means making eating right simply means being more conscious about the type of food you eat. The SmartPoints® plan nudges you towards those best-for-you choices by assigning a SmartPoints value, based on calories, saturated fat, sugar and protein, to every food and drink. Foods that are lower in added sugar and sat fat will be lower in SmartPoints values; foods that are higher will have higher SmartPoints values.
It’s not just what you eat, it’s how, why, and when you eat. We want to help you nourish your whole self and get to a healthy mindset about food and eating. Because in the long run, that will help you lose weight—and keep it off for life.
You can “spend” your SmartPoints Budget—your daily SmartPoints target plus your Weekly SmartPoints—however you like, keeping in mind that to lose weight, you’ll want to stick within your Budget.
5 ways to get started eating better:
- 1. Eat slowly and mindfully. You’ll enjoy your food more and may be likely to eat less.
- 2. Watch portion sizes. Try to weigh ad measure your food and drink to keep SmartPoints in check.
- 3. Choose what you like. Deprivation doesn’t work in the long run.
- 4. Stick with tracking. It makes you aware of what and how much you’re eating, and is a powerful predictor of weight –loss success.
- 5. Try new foods. Delight your taste buds with fresh flavors—it will add pleasure to your plan.